- Different coloured fruits and veggies have different vitamins. So the more colorful your fruit salad, the better it is for your health!
- Always skipping breakfast or grabbing junk? Have ready made breakfast cereal with a cup of skimmed milk. It’s filling, healthy and nutritious.
- Sunscreen should be applied twenty minutes before stepping out in the sun and reapplied every few hours for best effect.
- Replace your white bread and butter with whole wheat bread and peanut butter to get a dose of better fats, more fiber and less calories.
- Processed foods are a much bigger source of bad fats than cooking oil, butter or cheese used in homemade food. Have them in very limited amounts.
- Spice up your food with fresh ground ginger and garlic. It tastes great and helps your body fight every-day wear and tear from within.
- Have yogurt when you have diarrhea or an upset stomach. It helps by promoting the growth of good bacteria in the gut.
- A guava or orange, or in fact any fruit, cannot cause or worsen a cold. In fact the Vitamin C in them may help you recover faster.
- Eating-on-the go such as munching while you shop can fill you with unwanted calories. Limit meals and snacks to designated times.
- It’s a myth that having milk will increase cough or phlegm. Milk has nothing to do with phlegm. Warm milk can in fact soothe a sore throat.
- Three keys to diabetes prevention: Maintain normal body weight, get 30 minutes of exercise per day, eat a low fat high fiber diet.
- Have plenty of calcium rich foods in your teens and twenties because that’s the time when your body can build strong bones.
- Avoid using plastic cling wraps in the microwave as there is a risk of harmful compounds getting into the food.
- Do 20 jumping jacks, 20 lunges, and 20 push-ups and you can lose weight from anywhere, with very little time.
- Cocktails and mock-tails are typically very high in calories. Avoid them if you are watching your weight.
- Mix some soya-bean flour in wheat flour to make more protein and calcium rich breads.
- Shrimps are a great source of protein and selenium though high in cholesterol. A 100 gram serving once a week is a healthy choice.
- Sprouting beans and pulses makes the iron in them more easily absorbable by the body. Great choice for vegetarians to increase iron intake.
- If you are prone to heartburn, abdominal crunches may not be a suitable exercise for you as they thrust stomach acids into the food pipe.
- It’s a myth that most of us use only 90% of our brain. All parts of brain are active at all times but training can improve efficiency.
- Exercise can lower blood glucose and possibly reduce the amount of, or even eliminate the need for diabetes medication.
- Always have your apple with the skin as it contains compounds that fight inflammation and protect against chronic diseases.
- Avoid frozen meat products with bread crumb coverings as they are usually much higher in fat content.
- Use olive oil instead of mayonnaise as salad dressing to reduce your intake of bad fats and increase your intake of good fats.
- Looking for a tasty and filling snack that has less than 100 calories? Have a boiled egg. An average egg has only about 70 to 80 calories.
- Chronic sleep deprivation can make you prone to negative thinking and hampers decision making ability both of which hinder success.
- People prone to asthma should use pain killers with care as some of them can trigger asthma attack.
- Had a tiring day? Soak a hand towel and microwave for two minutes until steamy. Place on back of neck, on face and aching hands.
- Sleep early, wake early and your mind will develop better.
- To avoid a hangover, consume something fatty before u drink, take your drinks slowly and take a glass of water before going to bed.
Palomino Body Shop is passionate about total wellness.
Contact us today and get your body back in shape.
Office: 16 Elelenwo Street, GRA I, Port Harcourt. Direct Line: 08033136843